I've been itching to reorganize, and here's why:
- What if there were an emergency and we had to leave our home in a hurry?
- Can we access our important papers and belongings quickly?
- What if there were a flood and our basement storage unit turned into an indoor pond?
- When we move, do we really want to wait until the last minute to shed our extra stuff?
- We could use the cash from selling some of our things to make an extra payment to get rid of the last remaining credit card faster.
After we attend a Memorial Day remembrance tomorrow morning, we still have more work to do. We have many more plants to get in the ground, which will give all of us a chance to get outdoors. That still leaves me the task of purging old documents and revamping the filing system. At least, we have access to a commercial shredder.
We will do a purging like this once a month from now on. This will help us raise funds and get us ready to move. Moving can be a real pain in the neck. There's no need to make it more of a pain by having to purge items at the last minute.
Live better, a little every day.