Egg salad is easy and cheap to make, and can feed a lot of people without much effort. This recipe feeds 4 people.
- 12 eggs
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- 3 teaspoons prepared mustard (your choice, dijon, spicy, etc.)
- 4-5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- Hard boil the eggs. Put eggs in a pan and cover with water. Bring the water up to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the eggs. Drain eggs into a colander and run under cool water. When cool to touch, peel the eggs.
- Place the eggs in a bowl with the salt and pepper. Using a potato masher, mash the eggs into small pieces.
- Stir in the mustard and mayonnaise. Add mayonnaise one tablespoon at a time and stir. Stop when you like the consistency.
- Add the celery and green onions and stir.
Serve on fresh bread, toast, crackers, in pita pockets, or any other way you prefer. Enjoy!
Live better, a little every day.