Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Handmade Holiday Part 2

Today's project was knitting a bath mitten.  It took about 3.5 hours to knit, and certainly wasn't difficult.  But, I was a bit distracted today (just didn't get enough sleep last night) and made a little "boo-boo".  After weaving in the ends after knitting the thumb, being so careful to weave them in on what was supposed to be the wrong side of the mitten, I ended up sewing the darn thing inside out.  It looks fine, except for a distinctive line going across the middle of the palm.  I now have to decide if it would be better to rip out the sewing, or just knit a new one.

I've had it with bath mittens for one day.  Even if I end up knitting a brand new one, it won't take me long to do it, so I'm tabling that project for Monday.  Now, it's on to knitting wool caps with earflaps. 

Well, first, it's on to enjoying a hot cup of homemade hot chocolate with cinammon and real whipped cream, then on to the caps.  How did we ever get to the point where whipped cream-like oil from a can with added chemical propellant became acceptable?

Live better, a little every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment